Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add a Civil Engineer to our firm. This position is Full Time.
Civil Engineers conceive, and design, infrastructure projects, and systems in the public and private sector, including roads, housing projects, commercial development dams, bridges, airports, and systems for water supply and sewage treatment
The minimum required qualifications for this position are shown below:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil engineering, or related field
- PE Preferred
- 5-10 years relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of computer-aided design applications, with a special emphasis on Auto Desk Civil 3 D. or Bentley Microstation.
- Ability to prepare and review standard engineering documentation and plans
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- Ability to maintain an overview of multiple projects
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
In addition to the required qualifications the following skills are preferable:
General Responsibilities are:
- Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria for assigned projects
- Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects
- Designs creates, and prepare calculations, reports systems, components, project documentation, and processes
- Formulates and solves problems by designing and conducting experiments and analyze and interpret the data
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of project work by preparing scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments
- Prepares feasibility studies, engineering documents, construction specifications by analyzing engineering design and assembling data.
- Assign tasks to and direct staff engineers, technicians, and administrative staff
- Receive general instruction on key objectives by more senior engineers
- Receives guidance, when necessary, on complex problems or modifications
- Assist with proposals
- Mentors staff engineers
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, and contractors
- Attends project meetings and may present specific aspects of assigned project
- 10-20% of travel time may be required
The salary for this position is competitive and based on experience. Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, and a generous PTO program! We are ideally situated just 20-minutes from downtown Portland and have free parking!
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about us @ www.akana.us