Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add a Civil Project Manager to our firm.
The Civil Project Manager will work in conjunction with other civil engineers and other Akana disciplines on a variety of projects benefiting the whole firm. Our focus on good client service requires experienced communication and project management skills.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A broad set of experience spanning from transportation and water systems to site development
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Experience in mentoring junior staff
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage staffing, invoicing, and technical work on multiple projects
- Capability of resolving issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- 10-20% of travel may be required
- 7-15 years of experience
- Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university
- Registration as a Professional Engineer is required
- Civil 3D proficient
With primary offices located in Oregon and Washington, and project locations in Las Vegas, Spokane, Fife, and Chicago, we offer a wide variety of services, including civil and structural engineering, electrical engineering and facilities commissioning, construction management, architecture and planning, environmental services and more. Akana’s current client and project base include interesting and challenging projects covering a wide range of project types such as dams, bridges, multi-story buildings, transit, public works improvements, and industrial and tribal facilities.
We offer a stimulating work environment and excellent benefits in a culture that promotes growth and innovation with a focus on team-building and collaboration. Akana is consistently rated as having pay and benefit packages which exceed the industry averages. Our repeat clients bear testimony to our professional ethic. You can learn more about our firm at www.akana.us.
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans.