At Akana we serve our clients through every stage of a project, from planning through design, construction and commissioning. Our name defines how we work together to plan, design, engineer, and manage projects that benefit the communities we live in.
Akana is currently seeking a Construction Inspector working under a subcontract agreement as EPA’s observer in Pocatello, Idaho. The Pocatello project involves construction observation and documentation of site activities associated with the EPA Superfund remediation of the former FMC phosphate facility. The current site remediation activities are focused on the groundwater recovery and treatment. The following activities are in addition to general contraction activities:
- well drilling
- well installation
- groundwater sampling
- groundwater treatment plant construction
- Monitor construction site for compliance with approved plans
- inspect constructed facilities for compliance and periodic wear and tear
- inspect documentation for accuracy and deviations from approved plans
- provide verbal and daily updates and weekly status reports
- Education experience or background in Civil and structural engineering, construction inspection activities and materials back ground.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in engineering or science preferred
- familiarity with environmental rules
- familiarity with methods for installation of groundwater monitor wells is preferred but not required
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Must be able to pass a federal background and drug test
Employees at Akana enjoy a flexible work schedule and work environment including telecommuting to help with their work/life balance.
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law.
For our full EEO policy visit our website.