At Akana we serve our clients through every stage of a project, from planning through design, construction and commissioning. Our name defines how we work together to plan, design, engineer, and manage projects that benefit the communities we live in.
Akana is currently seeking a Construction Inspector to join our team for several upcoming projects around the Puget Sound area.
- Observe performance of work activities on the project and document activities, work accomplishments and events on a daily basis.
- Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs.
- Report Field conditions that are non-conforming to the original design.
- Perform on-site and offsite inspections in conformance with the Project Contract and specifications.
- Coordinate field operations, manage and review permit conditions for compliance.
- Provide technical review expertise (no design changes) on construction and contract matters.
- Coordinate and monitor on-going field testing.
- Review materials and workmanship; monitor and document compliance with project permit conditions, environmental issues and water discharge requirements.
- Witness and document the contractors’ quality control activities including inspections and testing.
- Review and interpret plans, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
- Provide project staff with assistance and act on behalf of the CM and/or PM behalf when so delegated by CM and/or PM.
- Experience with Federal Aid, WSDOT, LAG manual Projects is a requirement.
- Background/Experience in Roadway Construction.
- Background/Experience in Water work in road and off road.
- Construction Inspection activities and materials background.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, engineering or science preferred.
- CESCL Certified preferred
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a federal background and drug test
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law.
For our full EEO policy visit our website.
These opportunities may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans.
Native Americans are encouraged to apply