At Akana we serve our clients through every stage of a project, from planning through design, construction and commissioning. Our name defines how we work together to plan, design, engineer, and manage projects that benefit the communities we live in.
Akana is currently seeking a Construction Inspector to join our team for several upcoming projects around the Puget Sound area.
- Inspect buildings, wiring, plumbing, electrical circuits, sewers, heating systems, and foundations during and after construction for structural quality, general safety and conformance to specifications and codes.
- Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs.
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
- Inspect and monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, and specifications.
- Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment, and elevation of structures and fixtures to ensure compliance to building plans and codes.
- Issue notices and stop-work orders, conferring with owners, violators, and authorities to explain regulations and recommend rectifications.
- Education experience or background in Civil and structural engineering, construction inspection activities and materials back ground.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science preferred
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Must be able to pass a federal background and drug test
Employees at Akana enjoy a flexible work schedule and work environment including telecommuting to help with their work/life balance.
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law.
Native Americans are encouraged to apply.