Akana is seeking to add an experienced senior electrical engineer to its staff for assistance on production and/or review of work products by other staff and sub-consultants on a variety of projects.
This person should be a licensed professional engineer in Oregon, and other States as needed to cover Akana’s work geography. The work entails high-and medium voltage transmission and substation engineering design, facility commissioning, and a broad range of other projects.
- Provides hand-on engineering planning expertise, and initial through final designs, as well as review designs by others on a variety of high- and low-voltage, and substation design projects
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 20+ years’ electrical engineering experience
- Licensure in electrical engineering in OR and WA required, other states strongly preferred.
- Q&E in high-voltage, substation design strongly preferred.
- Experience in providing strong QA/QC on electrical engineering designs within highly technical, collaborative, time-constrained project environments is highly advantageous.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Competent in the use of electrical engineering software
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/ Then go to “Apply Here” to submit resume
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. For our full EEO policy visit our website.
These opportunities may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.