Jr. Civil Engineer – $1000.00 Hiring Bonus!
Do you like free parking? A flexible work schedule? A top-notch benefits package?
Are you a collaborative team player? A self-starter with excellent communication skills?
If you said yes to the above then we have an opportunity for you! Akana, a Native American owned A/E firm headquartered in Portland, OR, is seeking to add a Staff Civil Engineer (EIT/FE preferred) with 1-3 years of experience to its team.
- Work on civil infrastructure, water conveyance, site planning, permitting and other engineering projects and tasks including roadways, utilities, highways, bridges, pipes, stormwater, cost estimates and specifications, under the direction of a project manager. Prepare designs and calculations for engineering projects.
- Work as part of an integrated cross-discipline team and solve complex technical problems.
- Gather field data and maintain engineering records such as for tests, drawings, etc.
- Perform assignments using standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Attend site visits and meetings with clients and contractors.
- Implement industry and company work performance and quality control criteria, standards, and procedures.
- Some travel to project locations will be required for site observations and inspections.
- Engineering degree from a US-accredited college or university
- 1-3 years’ experience within an engineering environment
- Familiarity with standard industry design software programs such as: AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, HydroCAD.
- Familiarity with other industry software tools, models, programs such as: ArcView, Water CAD, SWMM
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/. Then go to “Apply Here” to submit your resume.
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. For our full EEO policy visit our website.
These opportunities may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.