Akana’s Portland office has an immediate opening for a Marketing Coordinator. The successful candidate will coordinate Akana’s marketing content around our people and projects. They will oversee preparation of proposals, create new marketing collateral, and update Akana resumes and project descriptions. This is a mid-level position for someone with previous AE Marketing experience who is eager to learn new skills and be a critical team member.
Akana, one of the region’s largest Native American owned architecture/engineering (A/E) consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm’s expertise ranges from urban planning, to engineering critical infrastructure and designing culturally sensitive buildings and places. Our approximately 70 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, and construction management professionals work for this dynamic organization in 6 office across the western United States.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and prepare AE proposals
- Write, review and update employee resumes, project descriptions, and qualifications packages
- Write press releases and other external communications (e.g., articles, e-blasts, etc.)
- Develop and write content for internal communications (e.g., newsletter)
- Prepare presentation materials (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Update Social Media (LinkedIn/ Facebook)
- Verify/update client references
- Audit and maintain consistency of existing information
- Update/maintain Business Development Pipeline
- Review/pass on lead generation data (e.g. IMS)
If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to talk with you about joining our team.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications or similar field
- 5 years’ experience in Marketing or Communications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe InDesign
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with architecture, engineering, urban development, real estate or major infrastructure development
Akana is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.