Akana’s Portland office has an immediate opening for a Proposal Coordinator. The successful candidate will coordinate Akana’s proposal and business development efforts. The marketing coordinator will oversee preparation of proposals, create new marketing materials, and update Akana resumes and project descriptions. This is a mid-level position for someone with previous architecture/engineering (A/E) Marketing experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and prepare A/E proposals
- Write, review and update employee resumes, project descriptions, and qualifications packages
- Write press releases and other external communications (e.g., articles, e-blasts, etc.)
- Prepare presentation materials (e.g. PowerPoint)
- Verify/update client references
- Audit and maintain consistency of existing information
- Review/pass on lead generation data (e.g. IMS)
- Experience with Cosential CRM a plus
If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to talk with you about joining our team.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in English, Marketing, Communications or similar field
- 5 years’ experience in Marketing or Communications
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe InDesign (preferred)
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Experience with the architecture and/or engineering consulting industry is required. Applicants without this experience need not apply.
Akana is one of the Pacific Northwest’s largest Native American owned A/E consulting firms. We provide services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm’s expertise ranges from urban planning, to engineering critical infrastructure and designing culturally sensitive facilities.
Salary is competitive and based on experience. Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with matching (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, sick and vacation leave. We are ideally situated just 20-minutes from downtown Portland and have free parking.
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law.
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.