A diverse work environment with interesting projects? Would you like to work on cultural and housing projects for Native American Tribes?
If you said yes to the above, then we have an opportunity for you! Akana, a Native American owned A/E firm headquartered in Portland, OR, is seeking to add a full time Senior Mechanical Engineer our multi-disciplinary collaborative team.
- Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
- Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
- Produce outline designs
- Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data and interpret results
- Test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
- Estimate budget and scope of project
- Solicit observations from operators
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Minimum 15 years’ experience
- Bachelor of science in mechanical engineering, a Master of Science in engineering, or a related degree
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools
- Broad mechanical and HVAC experience is required
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test
At Akana, our employees receive higher than industry standard wages, and a benefits package which has been designated by our insurance broker as “best in class.” We also offer benefits such as a 401(k)-matching program, opportunities to work from home, and a great company culture with creative professionals in a fun, yet professional environment.
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/ Then go to “Apply Here” to submit resume
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. For our full EEO policy visit our website.
These opportunities may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.