Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add a MEP Drafting Specialist to our firm. This position is full time.
The minimum required qualifications for this position are shown below:
- 8+ years of MEP and HVAC design drafting
- Demonstrated extensive experience in CAD, Rivit and other drafting software
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Familiarity with IEES / ASHRAE / NEBB, and other relate regulatory body’s procedures and protocols
- Efficiency and accuracy in the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects, Power Point, Outlook, BlueBeam, Sharefile systems, and Ajera
- Utilizes the following software to complete tasks accurately and on-time: Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects, Power Point, Outlook, BlueBeam, Sharefile systems, and Ajera
In addition to the required qualifications the following skills are preferable:
- Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred but not required
- Design drafting and cost estimating
- Certification through a recognizable organization
General Responsibilities are:
- Perform drafting of simple to complex HVAC systems and MEP designs using CAD, RIVIT and other software systems
- Assist in performance of facility ASHRAE Level 1 & 2 energy audits and facility condition assessments.
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, and contractors
- Attends project meetings and may present specific aspects of assigned project
- 10-20% of travel time may be required
- Provide staff training
The salary for this position is competitive and based on experience. Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, and a generous PTO program! We are ideally situated just 20-minutes from downtown Portland and have free parking!
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/. Then go to “Apply Here” to submit your resume.
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.