A diverse work environment with interesting projects? Would you like to work on cultural and housing projects for Native American Tribes?
If you said yes to the above, then we have an opportunity for you! Akana, a Native American owned A/E firm headquartered in Portland, OR, is seeking to add an Architect with 5-15 years of experience to our multi-disciplinary collaborative team.
As an Architect you will work directly under our Sr Architect supporting technical staff and assisting with planning, design, and construction management of small to medium scale multifamily, cultural and government projects. This position offers excellent professional growth to the right candidate and the opportunity for cross disciplinary development.
Work in a team-environment to:
- Lead production of construction documents including drawings and specifications for projects ranging from affordable housing and community buildings, to industrial and transportation facilities.
- Create conceptual design models and renderings of presentation images for site development and building projects.
- Support effective management of architectural projects.
- Assist with civil and structural projects, as needed for our multi-disciplinary team.
- Participate in direct onsite work, with occasional travel on an-as-needed short-term basis for out of town projects.
Additional responsibilities may include assisting with land use planning, site development including landscape design, cost estimating, facility condition assessments, and construction administration.
- Highly organized, self-directing, reliable, and detail oriented.
- 5-15 years’ of revelant experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Well-versed in 3D modeling in Revit, and 2D drafting in AutoCAD.
- Adept at Adobe Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) with graphic and page layout skills to assist with presentations and reports.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Architectural from an accredited university.
- Licensure preferred but not required if on path to licensure within reasonable time.
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/. Then go to “Apply Here” to submit your resume.
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. For our full EEO policy visit our website.
These opportunities may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.