A diverse work environment with interesting projects? Would you like to work on cultural and housing projects for Native American Tribes?
If you said yes to the above, then we have an opportunity for you! Akana, a Native American owned A/E firm headquartered in Portland, OR, is seeking to add a Senior Civil Engineer with 15+ years of experience to our multi-disciplinary collaborative team.
The Senior Civil Engineer will work directly in conjunction with other senior members of other Akana disciplines to secure clients and projects benefiting the whole firm.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages and risk analysis
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state, and federal agencies
- Staff management skills suitable for supervising, mentoring, and directing a group of civil engineers, designers, and support staff
- Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor
- Work on projects that involve the construction, repair, maintenance, and replacement of public and private infrastructure
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering
- PE License or ability to obtain one within one year
- Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Broad civil experience with site development is required
At Akana, our employees receive competitive wages, and a benefits package which has been designated by our insurance broker as “best in class.” We also offer benefits such as a 401(k)-matching program, free parking, flexible work schedules, opportunities to work from home, and a great company culture with creative professionals in a fun, yet professional environment.
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/ Then go to “Apply Here” to submit resume
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. For our full EEO policy visit our website.
These opportunities may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.