Senior Structural Engineer
Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add a Senior Structural Engineer to our firm.
The Senior Structural Engineer will work directly with Akana’s Principal Structural Engineer, in conjunction with other Principals and senior managers of other Akana disciplines to secure clients and projects benefiting the whole firm. Our focus on good client service requires excellent communication and project management skills and supervision of staff.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A strong local and regional client base and professional network to enhance Akana’s existing market visibility and business development potential
- Staff management skills suitable for supervising and directing a group of structural engineers and designers
- Experience in generating enough revenue to accommodate a growing structural engineering practice
- Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university
- Registration as a Professional Engineer are required
- License as structural engineer or capable of getting SE license is preferred
This position offers excellent professional growth to the right candidate.
With offices located in Oregon, Washington, and Las Vegas we offer a wide variety of services, including civil and structural engineering, electrical engineering and facilities commissioning, construction management, architecture and planning, environmental studies and more. Akana’s current client and project base includes interesting and challenging projects covering a wide range of project types including dams, bridges, multi-story buildings, transit, industrial and tribal facilities.
We offer a stimulating work environment and excellent benefits in a culture that promotes growth and innovation with a focus on team-building and collaboration. Akana is consistently rated as having pay and benefit packages which exceed the industry averages. Our repeat clients bear testimony to our professional ethic. You can learn more about our firm at www.akana.us.
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans.