Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add a Staff Civil Engineer to our firm. This position is Full Time.
Civil Engineers conceive,and design, infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector, including roads, housing projects, commercial development dams, bridges, airports,and systems for water supply and sewage treatment
The minimum required qualifications for this position are shown below:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, or related field
- EIT certification or ability to obtain is preferred
- 0-5 years relevant experience
- Ability to prepare and review standard engineering documentation and plans
- Proficient in computer-aided design applications
- Flexible working style, self-initiative, self-motivation, and a willingness to work with teams to meet clients’ needs and project schedules
In addition to the required qualifications the following skills are preferable:
General Responsibilities are:
- Develop and apply knowledge and skills in standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform civil engineering tasks as part of a broader assignments as requested.
- Adjusting and correlating dada, performing calculations, and recognizing discrepancies in results and following operations through a series of detailed steps.
- Assist in moderate design tasks, preparation of project documents, specification editing, and perform research and investigations
- Material testing, drawings, and CAD design work and civil 3D
- Assists with client, customers or official contacts and communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings
- Meet project schedules and budgets
- 5-10% travel time may be required
The salary for this position is competitive and based on experience. Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, and a generous PTO program! We are ideally situated just 20-minutes from downtown Portland and have free parking!
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about us @ www.akana.us