Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add a Structural Engineer to our firm. The Structural Engineer will work directly with Akana’s structural engineering team, in conjunction with other Akana disciplines to produce efficient and innovative structural solutions for challenging projects. Our focus on good client service requires excellent communication and project execution skills with attention to detail, and to project timeline and budget limits. This position offers excellent professional growth and essential resources to aid in professional development.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Design experience with ASCE, IBC, AISC, ACI, and NDS design codes.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary design team under pressing deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate written and orally.
- Experience with Revit.
- Desire to grow in their career via involvement with local chapters of professional societies.
- BS in Structural/Civil Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Fundamentals-of-Engineering (FE) exam completion.
- Minimum 2 years of experience doing structural engineering design.
- Ability to create drawings using Revit.
- Ability to produce easy to follow calculations substantiating design.
- MS in Structural/Civil Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university
- Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam completion or ability to take it within a short time.
With offices located in Oregon, Washington, and Las Vegas we offer a wide variety of services, including structural and civil engineering, electrical engineering, facilities commissioning, construction management, architecture, landscape architecture, planning, environmental studies and more. Akana’s current client and project base includes interesting and challenging projects covering a wide range of project types including multi-story, multi-use buildings, industrial projects, dams, bridges, transit, and tribal facilities. The structural engineering department is essential to our delivering quality services to our clients and we are looking for a high performing candidate to join our rapidly growing team.
We offer a stimulating work environment and excellent benefits in a culture that promotes growth and innovation with a focus on team-building and collaboration. Akana is consistently rated as having pay and benefit packages which exceed the industry averages. Our repeat clients bear testimony to our professional ethic. You can learn more about our firm at www.akana.us.
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans.