Akana is a Native American owned professional services firm helping clients plan, design, engineer and manage projects in the built environment. Akana is a small business and DBE/MBE certified in multiple states. Learn more about who we are, our services and the history behind our firm.History Behind Our Name >
Architect/Project Manager - OR | WA |Hybrid
Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add an Architect/ Project Manager to join our Portland, OR team. The position is full- time and will be required to work in the Portland office on a part-time basis
The Architect will work in our Architectural Design Group under our Architectural Group Manager supporting technical staff and assisting with planning, design, and construction administration of small to medium-scale multifamily, cultural, institutional, and government projects. This position offers excellent personal growth to the right candidate and the opportunity for cross-disciplinary professional development.
- Project management of multidisciplinary projects.
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, and contractors
- Assist with contracts, invoicing and sub-consultant management
- Assist with the development of project schedules and budgets, and monitoring of project schedules and budgets
- Lead production of construction documents including drawings in Revit and specifications for projects ranging from affordable housing and community buildings to industrial and transportation facilities.
- Lead construction administration services and provide design services during construction to ensure project success.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other disciplines, landscape, civil and structural projects, as needed, for our multi-disciplinary team.
- Opportunity for field work and direct onsite experience, with the willingness to travel for out-of-town projects. 10-20% of travel time may be required
Additional responsibilities will include but limited to assisting with land use planning, and site development including landscape design, cost estimating, facility condition and ADA assessments, and construction administration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architectural from an ABET-accredited university
- 5-10 years minimum relevant experience
- Licensure is preferred but not required if on path to licensure within reasonable time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Well-versed in Revit
- Adept at Adobe Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) with graphic and page layout skills to create presentations and reports
We offer a stimulating work environment and excellent benefits in a culture that promotes growth and innovation with a focus on team-building and collaboration. Akana is consistently rated as having pay and benefits packages that exceed the industry averages. Our repeat clients bear testimony to our professional ethics. You can learn more about our firm at www.akana.us.
To apply please visit: http://new.akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/ Then go to “Apply Here” to submit your resume
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. For our full EEO policy visit our website.
These opportunities may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.