Akana is a Native American owned professional services firm helping clients plan, design, engineer and manage projects in the built environment. Akana is a small business and DBE/MBE certified in multiple states. Learn more about who we are, our services and the history behind our firm.History Behind Our Name >
Construction Inspector - United States
Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add a Construction Inspector to our firm. This position is considered remote.
The minimum required qualifications for this position are shown below:
- Education experience or background in Civil and structural engineering, construction inspection activities and materials background.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science preferred
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Must be able to pass a federal background and drug test
In addition to the required qualifications the following skills are preferable:
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Time-management skills
General Responsibilities are:
- Inspect buildings, wiring, plumbing, electrical circuits, sewers, heating systems, and foundations during and after construction for structural quality, general safety and conformance to specifications and codes.
- Maintain daily logs and supplement inspection records with photographs.
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
- Inspect and monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, and specifications.
- Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment, and elevation of structures and fixtures to ensure compliance to building plans and codes.
- Issue notices and stop-work orders, conferring with owners, violators, and authorities to explain regulations and recommend rectifications.
The salary for this position is competitive. Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, and a generous PTO program! #LI-Remote
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about us @ www.akana.us