Akana is a Native American owned professional services firm helping clients plan, design, engineer and manage projects in the built environment. Akana is a small business and DBE/MBE certified in multiple states. Learn more about who we are, our services and the history behind our firm.History Behind Our Name >
Facility Assessor - Remote
If you enjoy working at a variety of sites, traveling around the country, and are interested in using your construction or facilities maintenance experience to evaluate existing structures, Akana has an opening for a Facility Condition Assessor that could be a great fit for you!
Akana is a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States. Recently honored as one of Portland’s fastest growing companies, Akana is seeking motivated individuals to join our growing facility condition assessment practice. This position is full-time with immediate availability.
- Complete comprehensive assessments and engineering evaluations of built infrastructure, including condition, functionality, safety, energy, and space utilization
- Assess architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and site systems
- Identify, photograph and document facility operation and maintenance deficiencies and component replacement opportunities
- Review construction drawings to determine building construction and equipment types/quantities
- Develop cost estimates to correct identified building deficiencies
- Prepare reports that document findings
- Work at rural/remote job sites as part of a team
- Access mechanical/electrical rooms, occupied spaces, building roofs, and exterior site systems in a variety of building types, including housing, retail space, warehouse, police/fire, office space, and recreational facilities
- Be able to travel up to 50% of the time across the United States
Successful employees will be adept at handling multiple projects in a condensed timeframe to meet strict deadlines and will be able to work remotely in the field in all weather conditions with minimal supervision.
At a minimum, you should have a construction background or experience in facility maintenance. College education in facilities management, construction, or an associated engineering field is a plus.
Other requirements for this position:
- Ability to obtain security clearances on as needed basis per client requirements.
- Willingness to learn industry standard vocabulary and technical terminology (ASTM E2018 – 08 and Uniformat II).
- Must have a professional attitude and ability to represent to our clients.
- Interpersonal skills to work on cross-functional project teams that vary in scope.
- Ability to become proficient in the use of facility condition assessment software on tablet and laptop PC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Excellent scheduling skills
- Proficiency in juggling multiple project deadlines
The salary for this position is competitive and based on depending on education, certifications, experience, and location. Range 55K – 85K. Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, and a generous PTO program! We are ideally situated just 20-minutes from downtown Portland and have free parking.
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about us @ www.akana.us