Intern Grant Writer
Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add an Intern Grant Writer to our firm. This position is full time
As an Intern Grant Writer you will be a professional who works to secure funding for various programs and projects.
The minimum qualifications for this position are shown below:
- High School Diploma required; some college courses in English or writing very advantageous, College degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated persuasive and technical writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary group environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft program WORD, secondarily with Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to follow supervisor instructions.
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn the history, culture, objectives, programs and needs of Native American Tribes and Tribal governments and organizations.
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment to complete assigned project tasks and meet deadlines.
General Responsibilities are:
- Learn the history, culture, objectives, programs and needs of Native American Tribes and Tribal governments and organizations.
- Follow supervisor instructions and respond to requests diligently and in a timely manner to meet client and project deadlines.
- Research Tribal grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- Work on grant proposals and supporting documents based on the agencies requirements.
- Check for work completeness against grant instructions, spelling, grammar, and style.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary group environment to obtain grant information and data.
- Respond to internal queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
- Follow all of Akana employment policies and procedures.
If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to talk with you about joining our team.
The salary for this position is competitive and based on experience. Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, and a generous PTO program!
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about us @ www.akana.us