Receptionist/Admin Assistant- Portland, OR (Onsite)
Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking a Receptionist/Admin. Assistant. This position is full time Monday- Friday
The minimum required qualifications for this position are shown below:
- This position is considered entry level, some office experience preferred.
- High School diploma required, some college preferred
- Excellent attendance record
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working with diverse groups of individuals
- Must be detailed, structured, organized, and able to prioritize daily tasks
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, activities, and different tasks at a time
- Ability to work independently
General Responsibilities are:
- Manage the front desk: welcome visitors, answer phone calls and respond to emails in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide clerical and administrative support for the office operations.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries timely. Additionally mail document and ship supplies as equipment as requested.
- Copy, scan, fax, electronic file and or email of documents as requested.
- Monitor toner and paper requirements for printers and photocopiers and ensuring there is always one spare toner cartridge in storage. Keep printers stocked.
- Monitor office supplies requirements for the office including keeping an inventory of supplies and reordering when necessary.
- Monitor kitchen consumables including keeping an inventory of consumables (tea, coffee, creamer, sugar, etc.), and reordering when necessary.
- Serve as liaison to building property owner.
- Assist operational contractors who come into the office for the purpose of carrying out repairs (e.g. AC maintenance, plumbing and electrical repairs, etc.)
- Maintain cleanliness of office, including common areas, kitchen, and floors. Coordinate special needs with janitorial service.
- Manage conference room calendars by scheduling meetings/appointments and resolving conflicts.
- Provide support for in office meetings including room reservations and setup.
- Assist in setting up for special events and ordering catering for meetings.
- Provide back up to travel coordinator for booking flights, hotel rooms, and rental cars.
- Complete miscellaneous errands including purchasing, fleet maintenance, company sponsored meals.
- Assist with special project, as required.
- Ensures that office recycling complies with company’s Sustainability policy.
- Manage all confidential information appropriately, based on a “need to know” basis.
If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to talk with you about joining our team.
The salary for this position is competitive and based on experience. Range $42K-$49K.
Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, discretionary bonuses, and a generous PTO program in a casual office setting!
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about us @ www.akana.us