Akana is a Native American owned professional services firm helping clients plan, design, engineer and manage projects in the built environment. Akana is a small business and DBE/MBE certified in multiple states. Learn more about who we are, our services and the history behind our firm.History Behind Our Name >
Architecture Group Manager - OR
Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add an Architecture Group Manager to our firm.
Position is based out of our Portland, OR office on a hybrid schedule.
The Architecture Group Manager (AGM) reports directly to the Vice President of Design Services (VPDS). The purpose of this position is to manage architectural services and architectural staffing for the firm. The AGM works closely with Project Architects and Project Managers to execute projects.
The minimum required qualifications for this position are shown below:
- Bachelor’s in Architecture or Masters in Architecture (from an accredited program)
- Architecture licensure required, prefered in Washington or Oregon
- LEED Accreditation preferred
- Experience as an architecture group manager or related role with minimum 15 years of architectural design experience
- Proficient in design and detailing of wood, concrete and steel buildings.
- Knowledge of architecture practice with emphasis on design, building materials,construction methods, integration of engineering disciplines, building costs and codes (IBC, OSSC, NFPA, ASHRAE).
- Ability to maintain an overview of multiple projects
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with little supervision
- Ability to manage and mentor staff, and take action as appropriate
- Outstanding written, verbal, and graphic communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Reliable and Trustworthy
In addition to the required qualifications, the following Software skills are preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software, and Bluebeam
- Understanding of AutoCAD and Revit Software
- Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of Masterspec Specwriter or Cloud Based Software
General Responsibilities are:
- Provides routine information to and coordinates with the VPDS and Chief Operating Officer (COO) regarding group utilization, project performance, profitability, and business development opportunities
- Prepares architecture group annual budget and activities including software/resource needs, group staff training plans, professional development activities, and team bonding
- Sets architecture group workload priorities and coordinates staffing with other managers
- Manages architecture group utilization and identifies additional resource needs,
- Coordinates closely with the architects and project managers on design approach and execution plan
- Supervises architecture staff including annual reviews and provides mentoring
- Develops architecture design standards, templates, and procedures in coordination with the DSVP and the BIM Manager
- Performs duties of Principal in Charge, including contract management, quality control and project management
- Supports Human Resources in associated recruiting and hiring efforts
- Maintains contacts within the industry, seeks new projects and coordinates with the business development team to maintain a steady stream of architectural and multi-discipline project opportunities
- Leads proposal efforts for architecture group projects
- Devises processes and procedures to improve architecture group efficiency and profitability
- Oversees architecture group project managers and supports with project management processes as needed
- Manages QA/QC for the architecture group and assures the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output.
- Appraises customers’ requirements and makes sure they are satisfied
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, and contractors
- Maintains licensure in jurisdictions as directed by the company
- 10-20% travel time may be required, including routine in-person meetings with the architecture group
The salary for this position ranges from 120-145K. We are competitive and based on Experience, Education, Licensure or PE, and Location.
Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, and a generous PTO program!
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about us @ www.akana.us