Do you like free parking? Flexible work schedules? Top-notch benefits package?
Are you a collaborative team player and a self-starter with excellent communication skills?
If you said yes to the above, then we have an opportunity for you! Akana, a Native American owned A/E firm headquartered in Portland, OR, is seeking to add an Architectural Designer with 3-7 years of experience to our team.
The Architectural Designer will work directly supporting our architectural staff and assist with planning, design, and construction management of small to large scale multifamily, cultural and public projects. This position offers excellent personal growth to the right candidate and the opportunity for cross disciplinary professional development.
- Modeling and drafting of architectural and site development projects including industrial, multi-family and institutional projects.
- Rendering of presentation images
- Willing to assist with civil and structural projects as needed for our multi-disciplinary team.
- Opportunity for field work and direct onsite experience, with willingness to travel for out of town projects.
Additional responsibilities will include assisting with land use planning, creating 3D models and renderings of schematic designs, developing construction plans and specifications, and facilitating construction administration.
- Must be highly organized, self-directing, reliable, and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Well-versed in 3D modeling in Revit and 2D drafting in AutoCAD.
- Adept at Adobe Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) with graphic and page layout skills to assist with presentations.
- Architectural degree from an accredited university
- Licensure a plus but not required
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/. Then go to “Apply Here” to submit your resume.
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. For our full EEO policy visit our website.
These opportunities may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.