Are you a collaborative team player? A self-starter with excellent communication skills? If this sounds like you and you’re interested in the several perks Akana has to offer- like a $2,500 hiring bonus- we’d love to talk with you about joining our team.
Akana has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Commissioning Agent. The successful candidate would have significant experience and education on HVAC and Electrical systems. Experience should include three or more of the following: design, construction, installation, maintenance, testing & balancing, building automation temperature control systems, electrical distribution, emergency power, low voltage systems (i.e. communications, fire alarm, security, etc.) and troubleshooting operational issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a commissioning plan, including test procedures and reports
- Develop and maintain commissioning logs, recommended action steps and equipment checklists
- Write comprehensive reports
- Recommendations for optimizing building operations
- Review design criteria: drawings, specifications, etc.
- Develop and administer pre-functional and functional tests of MEP systems
- Schedule and direct periodic commissioning meetings and attend construction and coordination meetings where needed
- 5+ years in the mechanical and / or electrical design and construction field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- PE preferred but not required- willingness to obtain a plus
- Able to demonstrate experience and expertise in complex M&E building systems
- Design and Installation experience
- Certified through one of the recognized commissioning authorities
Akana, one of the region’s largest Native American owned architecture/engineering (A/E) consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm’s expertise ranges from urban planning, to engineering critical infrastructure and designing culturally sensitive buildings and places. Our approximately 70 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, and construction management professionals work for this dynamic organization in 6 offices across the western United States.
Akana is an Equal Opportunity Employer