Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add an Environmental Intern.
Through a partnership with the City of Portland and Maul Foster & Alongi (MFA), Akana is offering a year-long environmental internship program for the academic year of 2022-2023 continuing through summer 2023. As an Environmental Intern in this program, you will gain experience working at an environmental consulting firm (MFA), Native American owned engineering/environmental firm (Akana) and spend a rotation working at the City of Portland Bureau of Environmental Services. Every day, you will grow and apply your environmental knowledge to engage in projects that improve your community.
We will be accepting all applications through July 8th, 2022
To thrive in this role, you will need the following:
- Currently pursuing a technical degree in an environmental related field (environmental engineering, environmental science, geology, environmental chemistry, or other related field of study)
- Available 8-20 hours per week during the academic year and up to 40 hours per week during Summer 2023
- A strong interest in the consulting and municipal setting
- Openness to a variety of projects within the environmental discipline
- Ability to complete assignments at a computer and the field, splitting time between working in an office and working outdoors on sites
- An ability to learn quickly and ask insightful questions to accomplish your tasks efficiently
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible working style, self-initiative, self-motivation, and a willingness to work with teams to meet clients’ needs and project schedules
The salary for this position is $20 an hour. Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, and a generous PTO program! We are ideally situated just 20-minutes from downtown Portland and have free parking!
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Preference May Apply.
Learn more about us @ www.akana.us