Akana is seeking to add a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to our team. Akana is a growing multi-discipline consulting architecture/engineering firm based in Portland, OR. This position will be at the firm’s headquarters office located in Milwaukie, Oregon. The position is full-time, Monday-Friday, with hours between 8:00am-5:00pm. Immediate availability.
We are seeking someone with experience multi-tasking in a professional environment, with a basic understanding of good office/business practices.
The minimum required qualifications for this position are shown below:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional office environment
- Minimum High school degree or GED
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment
In addition to the required qualifications the following skills are preferable:
- Ajera experience a plus
- Project coordination a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
General Responsibilities are:
- Greet all visitors in person or by phone. Provide response and assistance as needed. Keep staff informed about the status of visitors
- Note staff out of office updates on In/Out board and SharePoint calendar
- Coordinate staff meetings, including contacting guest speakers, ordering catering, and taking meeting minutes.
- Setup and breakdown for Akana trainings and events
- Receive supply requests and prepare orders for staff. Maintain appropriate level of inventory of frequently used supplies including copy paper, note pads, pens and shipping supplies; keep supply room neat and orderly; anticipate the need for supplies and re-order as appropriate
- Provide administrative support to staff
- Ensure office is tidy and presentable
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Prepare and ship packages via FedEx, UPS or USPS. Print postage from Stamps.com for general office use
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook)
- Arrange travel and accommodations for staff
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and emailing.
- Support corporate administrative functions, such as licensing, certifications, and corporate files
- Maintain Ajera Directory of employees
The Salary for this position is competitive and based on experience. Akana offers full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match (after one year), short- and long-term disability insurance, sick and vacation leave. We are ideally situated just 20-minutes from downtown Portland and have free parking!
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about us @ www.akana.us