Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team
The Senior Civil Engineer will work directly in conjunction with other senior members of other Akana disciplines to secure clients and projects benefiting the whole firm. Use their curiosity to solve problems, have a talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills.
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/ Then go to “Apply Here” to submit resume
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Knowledge and experience in the local civil engineering market and a desire to enhance Akana’s existing market visibility and business development potential- an established client base in the Pacific Northwest is beneficial
- Project management skills suitable for leading a project and/ or directing a project team
- Experience collaborating with other internal team members (e.g., landscape architects, structural engineers, architects) and external consultants for preparation of design documents.
- Focused experience in the site development is preferred
- CAD and Civil 3D proficiency.
- Clearly define project scope and can forecast level of effort needed to complete that scope. Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to Principal-In-Charge
- Able to review and evaluate construction documents for accuracy and full compliance with client design standards, company standards, and all local jurisdiction code requirements.
- Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited university
- Professional Engineer License
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Minimum 12+ years’ experience, 15+ is preferred
- Broad experience with site development, transportation, and water/wastewater projects is required
- Technical expertise in reviews, coordination with various discipline coordination
- Competent with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools
- 10-25% travel time may be required
With offices located in Oregon, Washington, and Nevada, we offer a wide variety of services including civil and structural engineering, architecture and planning, electrical engineering and facilities commissioning, construction management, environmental studies and more. Akana’s current client and project base include interesting and challenging projects covering a wide range of project types including dams, bridges, multi-story buildings, transit, industrial and tribal facilities.
We offer a stimulating work environment and excellent benefits in a culture that promotes growth and innovation with a focus on team-building and collaboration. Akana is consistently rated as having pay and benefit packages which exceed the industry averages. Our repeat clients bear testimony to our professional ethic. You can learn more about our firm at www.akana.us.
Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. Our EEO policy statement is available on our website at www.akana.us
This opportunity may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans.