A diverse work environment with interesting projects? Would you like to work on cultural and housing projects for Native American Tribes?
If you said yes to the above, then we have an opportunity for you! Akana, a Native American owned A/E firm headquartered in Portland, OR, is seeking to add a junior electrical with 5+ years of experience to our multi-disciplinary collaborative team.
Akana has an immediate opening for a junior electrical engineer to work primarily on building commissioning projects and energy audits, and a broad range of other electrical engineering design projects.
Primary duties and responsibilities are to assist with a range of tasks as listed below:
- Developing commissioning documentations
- Reviewing design criteria (drawings, specifications, etc.)
- Facilitating pre-functional and functional tests of systems
- Up to 25% project travel, as needed to complete projects
- Engineering planning, and initial through final designs
- Evaluating electrical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Applying and complying with federal and state regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience or commensurate experience with electrical systems commissioning
- Demonstrated CAD and 3D skills. Revit a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Certified Energy Manager certification or ability and desire to obtain one
- Experience in performing or reviewing electrical coordination studies.
- Experience in conducting or reviewing arch-flash studies
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises
- Commensurate written and verbal communication skills
To apply please visit: http://akana.us/akana/career-opportunities/ Then go to “Apply Here” to submit resume
Candidates only. No phone calls or recruiters please.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Akana is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on any basis protected by law. For our full EEO policy visit our website.
These opportunities may be subject to the requirements of FAR Clauses 1452.226-70 and 1452.226-71 regarding preference in hiring of Native Americans. Native Americans are encouraged to apply.